Friday, February 24, 2012

songs that speak to me...

do you ever listen to a song and think "yes! thats exactly how i feel! how did you know!" cause i do all the time. im not all that great at expressing my feelings so i love when i find a song the describes it for me. many times its just one verse, and then there is that great moment when an entire song was like it was meant just for you. 
Florence + The Machine: Shake it Out
this one is my favorite! I couldnt say it any better
 
"all of these questions, such a mournful sound. tonight im gonna bury that horse in the ground. so i like to keep my issues drawn but its always darkest before the dawn"
"its hard to dance with a devil on your back, so shake him off" 

Taylor Swift featuring the Civil Wars: Safe and Sound
from the hunger games soundtrack
"i remember tear streaming down your face when i said ill never let you go when all those shadows almost killed your light"
Katy Perry: Firework
 
"after a hurricane comes a rainbow maybe you're reason why all the doors are closed so you could open one that leads you to the perfect road"
Cold Play: Paradise
 
"still lying underneath the stormy skies she said oh-oh-oh i know the sun's set to rise"
Kelly Clarkson: Stronger 
my new anthem
"what doesnt kill you makes you stronger, stand a little taller"

maybe i like all these because i feel like they are inspiring me to keep looking for the sunrise on the other side of all this darkness that seems to be overwhelming me. or maybe i just like them simply because...
if anyone has any other songs that i might like feel free to suggest! im always looking for something to brighten my mood and if i feel so inclined..DANCE!

2 comments:

  1. First-I just sat and read a good portion of your blog! I just love you :) By the way, super cute V-Day cards. That's actually one of the things I love doing. Next time you choose to make some invite me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's be craft friends! Haha or just friends and hang out!!!

      Delete