Tuesday, November 18, 2014

August 2014

So many great things happened in August, prob my favorite month of the year thus far!

I got to go back to my old hygiene school and help mold young minds in clinic... haha kidding. I was just a Clinic Instructor. pretty basic but it was still fun.

 My uncle Greg passed away from Parkinson's Disease back in May. He had been diagnosed  back when I was little. Him and my aunt never had kids so he was always so supportive of me and my siblings {I like to think we were his favorite's}. He struggled for a long time and it was really hard on everyone when he decided he was done. 
One of my favorite memories with him is helping to wrap my aunts Christmas presents. He wanted to make sure her gifts looked good so Whitney and I would go help wrap them. He would hang out with us and tell us stories of serving in the Navy. It always brought tears to his eyes when he talked about the people in Vietnam. He has such a big heart!

 My aunt threw him an amazing life celebration that so many long time friends came to pay respect. It was great to hear all the stories from his good 'ol days and feel the love for him. 

 me and my cute grandpa

Huddy and I had a few more adventures. He got to go on a pony ride at Thanksgiving Point Farm Country. We went to Cowabunga Bay with Whitney and played in the water, He loved it just not the life jacket.

 I got to be Tiffany's date for her friends wedding. We had a blast taking pics in the photo booth and by the barn. Shes a babe! We always have so much fun.

Natalie, Kim, me
 The magic of LAKE POWELL! My favorite place
{Also I completely forgot to bring my camera so all my pics are stolen from Deanne, Tanner, and I dont remember who else!}

 Shay, Kim, Brittany, Tara, Chad, Jill, Ashley, Marcus, Landon, Kassie, Tanner, Me, Corey, Natalie, Deanne
Sunday we hiked to Rainbow Bridge

 Seriously the greatest place on earth. 

 Rocking the surf board. Corey felt like he had to help with my roaping since he split my chin open on the tube. Good thing we had Kassie to super glue me shut, didn't even leave a scar. She's a champ!

  Brittany, Chad, Corey, me
We had too much fun in powell that we all went to a Bee's game after we got back. Brittany got hooked up with tickets from her work and took all us crazies with her. It was awesome.

Me. Hudson, Sean, Lauren, Whit 
We had a family reunion with my mom's siblings in the Uinta's. It was freezing cold and rained all night, Huddy was real happy when he got to jump on me in the morning. We took a paddle boat on the little pond when the sun came out for a second!

 I took Huddernut over to Wheeler Farm to see the piggies. He got so excited every time I asked him if he wanted to see the piggies, then started to snort like a pig. It was the first time I've ever heard him do it and couldn't stop laughing! I love this wee little nugget so much.

 Sister and I got to take my dads tickets to the first University of Utah football of the season. We sat in the white section for the stripe the stadium. It's always so much fun at the games. We love it!

Baby Maggie Ann Gerber was born. 
I love that her initials are MAG, so they spell her name.

Karrie, Jessica, Krista, me, Heather
Heather invited us to stay at her dads house in Flaming Gorge for the weekend. 

Brad, Karrie, me, Magen, Krista, Ray, Jessica, Heather, Jill, Brittany, Sarah
we froze our butts off river rafting

Swam and did some cliff diving in this magical little bay

Krista, Ray, Megan, Jill, Brittany, Sarah, Me, Jessica, Brad, Karrie, Heather
 Since we had such a large group her dad arranged for us to stay at an empty house across the street. Yes, we were squatters for the weekend and referred to ourselves as the Carroll's

What better way to end a road trip home from Flaming Gorge than to stop in vernal at the Utah Field House Dinosaur Museum! We made an awesome hyper-lapse video of a t-Rex attack but I'm computer-illiterate and don't know how to get it on here.

It is safe to say that August treated me right. 
I didn't spend a single weekend at home, 
that's how every summer should end!



2 comments:

  1. so much partying! love your monthly updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so great! I haven't read blogs in forever and I'm glad I did! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete