Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Beep Beep...

This weekend was so much fun! I went to Moab with my whole dads side of the family to go rock crawling in the jeeps. I finally got to feel the warmth of the sunshine this year and it was a.maz.ing! This year was especially nice because I finally got to drive on the trails. we did Sevenmile Rim, Rosegarden Hill, Flat Iron Mesa, and Kane Creek the last day. Sevenmile is the one that I got to rock! Its a easy starter one....Rick said it was my training wheels. But I loved every min. of it. The last big part was super scary. The hill was super sketch!! We didn't even have to go down it because they just came right back up.... but I put on my big girl panties and went for it! Dad gave me some great pointers as in "left" "right" "forward" and at one point I was facing straight down at the on-coming rock bottom with my back tires off the ground waving in the wind (literally... I could feel it teetering. Poop myself!)


Rick had a few problems with his jeep because he loooooves to push it to the limit. Sadly he pushed it a little far and poped some widget or other. But we didn't let it slow us down!! We did have to cut the trail a little short. But as we got to the end suddenly Ricks jeep was covered in silly string. So naturally we had to plot! After a really funny ride to the local market with Rick and Catherine we came up with a great idea. And to make it even better Todd's jeep was parked right outside!!


12 rolls of toilet paper and a lot of giggles later we got our first attack. we later got them with silly string but the toilet paper was by far the best.


Moab is the greatest! Even though you are bouncing around in the back of a jeep getting major whiplash, it seems to be magical. With the red rocks, nice sunshine streaming down, and twinkling starlight at night....its blissful.

2 comments:

  1. you are so adventurous. i just don't think i can handle the whiplash jeepin' brings. i'm a baby. looks like such a fun trip though, i love moab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JEALOUS!! I love Southern Utah all around, maybe we can go to lunch in St. George ha.

    ReplyDelete