Saturday, August 14, 2010

Burrrrr Lake

This weekend I went to Bear Lake with the Barton Family. It has been so long since I have been up there and I loved it so much. I want to go again!
Erin and her bf Zach, Jeffery and his friend Jackson and Brynn and I drove up Thursday night and had a blast camping at the KOA.
Setting up the tent. Everyone was realllly helpful!
We rented a surrey with the fringe on top to pedal to dinner. Brynn was loving it.
So much work but well worth it.
after a wild game of mini golf (yes it was free at the campsite) we made smore's
we also had a lot of fun with Brynn's magical flash light and my camera.
Not our proudest moment but yes, yes we did attempt a blue dart. Also I was stepping on her stomach to get something out! haha so wrong but soooo funny.

Jeff and Debbie came up the next day and the brought Hunter and Noah with them to play! They are the cutest little boys. And we finally got to go boating!! The water was freezing and the air was not a whole lot warmer. But it was still so great.
we had a minor accident involving Jeff's finger getting crushed/punchered while launching the boat. RN Brynn got to bandage him up. It was scary I felt so bad. He had to get a few stitches and the numbed it up pretty good for him at the medical station up there.
This pic is magical for many reasons (Erin having sunflower seeds as front teeth for one.... ) But I just LOVE how beautiful it is up there. Look at the water!!!

I had to cut the trip short and come home early for the
Swan Family Reunion.
(I sware my family had more reunions then anyone else. How is it possible we have one every summer?!)
My aunts family has a cabin up Spanish Fork canyon on a massive chunk of land.
I got up there a little late because I drove straight from Bear Lake to there so I missed out on all the "fun" crafts. But...I made it in time for dinner. Yummy!

Some of the little ones (3-4 year old) decided to make mud and start a little fight with my cousin Chase who is the same age as me. He had to help hose them off after!
Is she not the cutest thing you have ever seen? I have never seen such a TAN baby in my life but you cant help but love her and those cheeks!
Since so few of the family made it to my mothers 50th surprise party Whit and I had, my aunts decided to redo the roast they prepared and changed around some of the jokes. I couldn't stop laughing at my aunt Kris (right) and her boobs! They really do hang low!
It was the second night of the meteor shower so Chase, Sean & Lauren, and myself slept out on the deck so we could watch it. We didn't really see much but it was a little chilly! I had 2 sleeping bags and slept like a dream!
The next morning everyone looking so happy!
I got to shoot some big guns for the first time!
bad idea..... it was really fun and I was Terrible. Couldn't hit a thing. But I still loved it.
Greg got in on the action shooting...
and "pulling" the pigeons (?? is that right??)
Sean and Lauren with the shotguns.
Lauren got one on the first try. Sean was sooo jealous! It took him forever to get one.


2 comments:

  1. that baby is so beautiful! little model babe! looks like you guys had fun, i missed you! isaac is still gone and I'M DYING!!!!!!!! call me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hey! So I'm glad to see you had fun at Bear Lake and I give myself props for making it possible;) As much as I loved working, I missed working with YOU so next time I work you better be there!

    ReplyDelete