Tuesday, January 24, 2012

anesthesia

third semester is going to be intense
we are learning INJECTIONS. ah!
needles
shots
tests
OH MY!
(i look creepy, or maybe its just that im holding a syringe)
 
I am very nervous about all of this! 
every Thursday morning we will randomly draw names and practice sticking each other. i used to look forward to Thursday, they now terrify me! i don't know if i am nervous because we have 2 entire boards test just on this one subject or the fact that i have to stick a needle into someone. both i think. also i am fine getting shots...as long as i don't see the needle. now im the one doing it!
so my question to all anyone else who gives shots.... how do you get use to it?

3 comments:

  1. i love it. it's so fun. practice practice practice. you will be great after practicing on all your friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Needles have never bothered me, but I had a patient's husband the other day who was an E.M.T. and passed out when I started her IV, haha! He said that when HE was the one doing the I.V. it was fine, but the thought and sight of other people doing it bothered him. Just shoot 'em up girl, you'll be fine! ;)

    ReplyDelete