Saturday, April 30, 2011

my internal struggle

I need everyones help!

as you all know, I am starting school in orem in 1 week (yikes!)
as of a few days ago I would not even consider the idea of moving to Provo. 

"everything I have is in salt lake" was my argument. 

I am starting to think that since I am already making some majors changes in my life then why not go all the way and move. I know a few people in Provo so i would have friends and its not like its that far so I can still work at the ortho on Fridays.


Pros: close to school so commuting less, meet lots of new people and be forced to get out and be social, less driving time means more study time, I could work somewhere there with better hours at night or on weekends. umm..... I think the main one is forcing me to be social. 

Cons: Its Provo, my job(s) are in salt lake, I JUST moved into jelissa's house and hate the idea of repacking my crap and moving it again, there is nowhere to park.

neither list is extensive, but the cons are not winning by any means.
I don't know what to do!

 so,
do I keep working myself to death in salt lake driving for hours everyday?
OR
do I move and drive less?  


  



That---->
is why Provo scares me!

5 comments:

  1. Have you driven to Provo lately? The traffic on I-15 is HORRID and unpredictable. I'm not saying either...but there are some fun cool places to live in provo that aren't too "BYU cliche".

    ReplyDelete
  2. all i can say is..i'd support you moving to provo and think you wouldn't even hate it. best of luck with your decision, girf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I ever tell you when steve mentioned he might want to go to the Y i threw up in my mouth and then said if it ever happened he'd have to commute. Need I say more lol

    Really though change is good and although I do not like provo and will never drive down to visit (no joke) you can always drive up and a new social life might be what u need....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Provo isn't as bad as it sounds. But speaking from a strictly financial standpoint, the less driving the better. Not just because of the cost of gas, but also because of the wear & tear on your vehicle, which is already a depreciating asset, so you want to make it last as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. uhhhhhhh WHAT! shocker. I just don't know. Maybe you are too comfortable with life as is and there is a part of you that knows it. Would you REALLY be more social getting out or would you just hate that you are down in provo?? I think you need to do what you REALLY will do. I know I think about doing things that sound good -- like exercise... but when it comes down to it... I just won't do it. So why even go there.

    ReplyDelete