Sunday, October 27, 2013

I jumped out of a airplane

To wrap my birthday festivities (yes, I celebrated all month long!) I went to Moab for a quick trip. My goal for this year and more specifically birthday goal was to go skydiving. I never thought I would ever want to throw myself out of a perfectly working airplane, but I did it. My friend Traci and her husband Steve came down for the weekend of fun and adventure. Unfortunately, our tripped was planned a few weeks in advance and the government shutdown started the week we were going down there. That hindered our plans to check out arches national park but we made it work.


Skydiving was not nearly as scary as I thought it would be. When we first got there we jumped into our suits and went straight to the plane. There was a storm coming in that we had to beat but we couldn't get high enough and the storm was too close. so they landed the tiny little plane we were in, which was the scariest part. Ive never flown in a plane that small and landing it that thing was terrifying! It was so small we could only have to tandem jumpers at a time, and I was basically sitting in the cockpit next to the pilot. We then had some spare time to take the pictures next to the plane while we waited out the storm. Then the sun was bright and we were good to go! packed back into the plane and up, up, up we went! I thought I would be more scared but it was not to bad. The door opened and the freezing cold wind smacked me in the face, at that point I don't remember much else. Apparently we did some flips and spins but I don't remember. 

 
we made it!
American Fork canyon Hot Springs





3 comments:

  1. you are awesome, good job! also i kept scrolling to read about your experience!! was it the best thing you've ever done???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added my skydiving experience for you! Cant believe I forgot to write about that. It was crazy intense, way fun, and cold! haha but I would do it again

      Delete
  2. Looked so fun! I love your face in the first two skydive photos!

    ReplyDelete